#DearSanta Writing Contest:
Write a letter to Santa and ask for a gift that is not for yourself.
- Write your letter in 300 words beginning with Dear Santa…
- Only entries submitted in English would be accepted for the event.
- You should be between the age of 9 years to 16 years
- Send your submission at email@example.com titled “#MerryChristmas@Penmancy”. Only submissions sent through mail, in a word document, shall be accepted for the contest. (You may use your parents’ email id.)
- Contest duration-
- The submission for the contest is open from 20th December 12:00 noon till 24th December 12:00 noon
- The stories would be open for voting from 24th December 5:00 pm till 25th December 12:00 noon
- Results for the event shall be shared on 25th December 6:00 pm
- The winner will be chosen on the basis of votes from the readers and the judges’ scores (out of 10), in the ratio 30:70
- Two winners of the event shall win a free 6-week online writing course from Beyond The Box* and a certificate from Penmancy. All participants will receive a certificate of participation from Penmancy as well.
- By participating in the contest, you agree to the terms and conditions of the contest and the judges’ decision shall be binding.
The voting process for the readers:
- The option for rating would be given below each letter on the website.
- Readers to rate the letter on the basis of 5 (rate it based on the content, language, creativity, prompt and emotional impact).
- Readers can vote once for each letter. Multiple votes shall not be recorded.
- Once the rating is given, your vote is recorded and cannot be altered.
- Writers are requested to share the link of the posts to garner more votes. (Parents please help your children with this.)
* The students who win the free course would be mentored by Ms. Anupama Dalmia herself and given feedback on their stories that they learn to write during the course. Additionally, the best stories find their place in the second edition of Box of Tales (An Anthology by Beyond The Box)
Check out the letters sent here:
Connect with Penmancy: