You get into a taxi. But instead of taking you to the place you want to go, it takes you to a place you need to go.
Write a story based on this prompt.
Send in your entries to email@example.com in a word document along with a 2-3 line bio (not required if previously sent) and a cover picture for your story (optional). The subject of your mail should be “Entry for #MyRide″ (compulsory). Instantly earn 250 Penmancy Points on submission.
- Use the theme to write your fictional story. Any genre is acceptable.
- The submitted story must be between 1800-2000 words (each). Entries lower than or exceeding the word limit will stand disqualified for the event. (Penmancy Tip: Use https://wordcounter.io/ to check your word count.)
- There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit- though only one of them will qualify for winning.
- Previously published or plagiarised works will not be considered for contention. The writer of such content stands to be disqualified for the next Penmancy event.
- In case a story is received after the submission deadline, it shall be considered as a guest entry and shall not qualify for the event, so please be mindful.
- Submitted entries to be adjudged based on the premise, flow, grammar and presentation.
- The entries to be adjudged by a panel of guest judges and event organisers.
- All writers are required to read and comment on 5 stories other than their own and encourage their fellow writers with valuable and constructive inputs. Comments like “nice”, “good work”, “brilliant piece”, etc. do not provide the necessary critique and is not helpful for anyone.
- 2 winners will be sent a beautiful novel in the genre of their submission.
- The last date of submission is March 30, 2019 (Saturday). Winners shall be announced on April 6, 2019 (Saturday).
- For questions related to the rules and criteria, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Contact Us section on the website.
Check out the entries here:
Connect with Penmancy: