We can give you nine reasons for why the number nine holds importance. Instead we are waiting for you to share with us what ‘nine’ means to you- nine lives, nine months, nine days, nine gems, nine rings, nine petals, or anything else nine that you may think of.
This navratri, interpret ‘nine‘ in your stories.
- Based on the above premise, write a fictional story between 250-300 words. Send in your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org in a word document only (.doc/.docx). Stories without a title will not be accepted.
- The subject of your mail should be “Entry for #NineTales″ (compulsory).
- Entries exceeding (or falling short of) the word limit will stand disqualified for the event. (Penmancy Tip: Use https://wordcounter.io/ to check your word count.)
- Previously published or plagiarized works will not be considered for contention. The writer of such content stands a chance to be disqualified for the next Penmancy event.
- Event duration-
- Event announcement: October 23, 2020, 6 pm IST
- Submission to be published between October 24, 2020, 8 am IST and October 25, 2020, 8 am IST.
- Submissions deadline: October 25, 2020, 8am IST
- Readers’ ratings conclude: October 25, 2020, 6pm IST
- Results on the basis of readers’ ratings to be declared on October 25, 2020, 8 pm IST.
- Writers of top 3 stories will win themselves the eBook “Aarohi” by Anupama Dalmia.
For queries write to us.
Check the submitted stories here:
Connect with Penmancy:
Penmancy gets a small share of every purchase you make through these links, and every little helps us continue bringing you the reads you love!