A drabble is a short work of fiction of one hundred words in length. The purpose of the drabble is brevity, testing the author’s ability to express interesting and meaningful ideas in a confined space. (Source)
Based on the above definition, we host a weekend event for drabble writing on our Facebook page.
1. A picture is worth a 100 words, so pen your story (fiction/non-fiction) based on a picture prompt (in exactly 100 words, nothing more and nothing less). Check the word limit here: https://wordcounter.io/
2. Top 5 stories shared as comments on the thread will be showcased separately (previously published works will not be considered)
3. Stories short of or exceeding word limit may miss being highlighted.
4. The event will be announced every Friday at 8 p.m. IST and will remain open till Sunday at 8 p.m. IST.
5. Results of the event shall be declared on the subsequent Monday at 8 p.m. IST
6. Do tag your other writer friends at the event. The more the merrier, you see! Have fun!!!
For queries contact us.
Follow us on Social Media:
Latest posts by Penmancy (see all)
- 5 differences between blogging and creative writing - 4 May 2019
- Tips on Playwriting - 15 Apr 2019
- Introduction to Playwriting - 8 Apr 2019