It was the day before summer solstice, the longest day of the year. Winnie-the-Pooh and Piglet were in the meadow basking in the sun. Suddenly a brilliant idea crossed Pooh’s mind. “The longest day requires the longest lunch! What do you say, Piglet?” “Of course, Pooh!” “Then let’s have a ...Read More
It was the time of famine in the jungle. Timon and Pumbaa roamed all the places they knew in search of food but to no avail. The only hope for them was the Legend of Foodies Paradise but the path to it was not easy. Legend says many went there ...Read More
Long-standing buddies Mickey and Pluto got another friend, a cute soft rabbit. They selected a name, Napoleon for him. Mickey thought the name was somewhat high sounding. He consulted his trusted friend Pluto. Both of them agreed on the name Nuppu. Selecting this name, they both started dancing with joy ...Read More
Mickey was enjoying the evening tea. His faithful friend Pluto served it with love. The pleasant sun and the refreshing tea, “Ah...what a good friend I have got!” Suddenly, he heard the sound of someone rushing out of the house. He went to the balcony and peeped outside. It was ...Read More
“Whoa, kid. Watch your language,” Baloo warned Mowgli as he bent down to find a place in a corner of the cave to settle himself down. “I am not going to sit still, Baloo, even for a minute. Shere Khan better watch out the next time I get a hold ...Read More
One evening, Pooh and Piglet were walking home through the forest. It was the night of the full moon and all kinds of strange creatures were wandering in the darkness. Midway home, a floating shadow appeared before them. Pooh was so scared he immediately hid behind Piglet, while Piglet made ...Read More
We love animated films, especially the ones that travel through our childhood and reach our hearts. This journey has often taken us to the wider expanses of our emotions and has helped us build stronger foundations of character. Some of these characters have etched their mark on our hearts like none other.
From the characters given below, choose the pair that you most relate to and develop a beautiful #QuinTale:
- Pooh and Piglet (Winnie The Pooh)
- Mickey and Pluto (Disney Series)
- Timon and Pumba (The Lion King)
- Sven and Kristoff (Frozen)
- Buzz and Woody (Toy Story)
- Dory and Marlin (Finding Nemo)
- Mowgli and Baloo (Jungle Book)
- Manny and Diego (Ice Age)
- Manny and Sid (Ice Age)
- Remy and Linguini (Ratatouille)
- Stories to be based on the given prompt. Use the characteristics displayed by these animated characters and develop them into characters of your own. (The story may not be genre specific).
- Writers may submit 3 entries of unique storylines. Only fresh stories are accepted for the event. (No plagiarism). The last date of submission is October 25, 2018.
- The submitted story/stories must be between 450-500 words (each). Entries lower than or exceeding the word limit will stand disqualified for the event. (Penmancy Tip: Use https://wordcounter.io/ to check your word count.)
- Send in your entries to email@example.com in a word document (.doc) along with a 2-3-line bio (in the third person) and a cover picture for the story. The subject of your mail should be “Entry for QuinTale-02″.
~a coven of creative characters~
Latest posts by Penmancy (see all)