Use this picture as the event prompt
Pic credit: Matheus Guimarães from Pexels
- Come up with a story that brings out the essence of the picture.
- Send in your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment in a word document (.doc/.docx) along with a 2-3 line bio (not required if previously sent) and a cover picture for your story (optional).
- The subject of your mail should be “Entry for #QuinTale-15″ (compulsory).
- Instantly earn 100 Penmancy Points on submission.
- Your fictional story can be in any genre (or a combination of two or more genres).
- The submitted story must be between 450-500 words (each). Entries lower than or exceeding the word limit will stand disqualified for the event. (Penmancy Tip: Use https://wordcounter.io/ to check your word count.)
- There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit- though only the first story received shall qualify for the event. The remaining story/ies shall be treated as guest story/ies.
- Previously published or plagiarised works will not be considered for contention. The writer of such content stands to be disqualified for the next Penmancy event.
- Stories found to have been shared on another platform or blog before the declaration of results stand disqualified from the event.
- In case a story is received after the submission deadline, it shall be considered as a guest entry and shall not qualify for the event.
- Submitted entries to be adjudged based on the
- plot/story content/creativity/originality, (15 points)
- language/grammar, (10 points)
- narrative voice, (9 points)
- emotional impact/completeness as a story, (8 points)
- use of prompt/theme, (8 points)
Total scores will be aggregated to derive the average score out of 10.
- The entries adjudged by a panel of judges and event organisers shall be binding.
- All writers are required to read and comment on 5 stories other than their own and encourage their fellow writers with valuable and constructive inputs. Comments like “nice”, “good work”, “brilliant piece”, etc. do not provide the necessary critique and are not helpful for anyone.
- Only stories that garnered an average score/rating of 7.5 and above from the panel of judges shall be eligible for winning.
- The last date of submission is January 26, 2020 (Sunday). Winners shall be announced on February 2, 2020 (Sunday).
- Top three winners shall be sent the book Endurer- A Rape Story by Kapil Raj
Here are the submitted stories for the event:
Penmancy gets a small share of every purchase you make through these links, and every little helps us continue bringing you the reads you love!