“It’s really a wonder that I haven’t dropped all my ideals, because they seem so absurd and impossible to carry out. Yet I keep them because, in spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.”
Based on the above quote, write a story to bring out the beauty in something that you find ‘ugly’ and direct your story towards hope.
- Send in your entries to email@example.com in a word document along with a 2-3 line bio (not required if previously sent) and a cover picture for your story (optional).
- The subject of your mail should be “Entry for #SilverLinings″ (compulsory).
- Instantly earn 250 Penmancy Points on submission.
- Use the theme to write your fictional story. Any genre is acceptable.
- The submitted story must be between 2500-2800 words (each). Entries lower than or exceeding the word limit will stand disqualified for the event. (Penmancy Tip: Use https://wordcounter.io/ to check your word count.)
- There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit- though only one of them will qualify for winning.
- Previously published or plagiarised works will not be considered for contention. The writer of such content stands to be disqualified for the next Penmancy event.
- Stories found to have been shared on another platform or blog before the declaration of results stand disqualified from the event.
- In case a story is received after the submission deadline, it shall be considered as a guest entry and shall not qualify for the event.
- Submitted entries to be adjudged based on the premise, flow, grammar and presentation.
- The entries to be adjudged by a panel of judges and event organisers.
- All writers are required to read and comment on 5 stories other than their own and encourage their fellow writers with valuable and constructive inputs. Comments like “nice”, “good work”, “brilliant piece”, etc. do not provide the necessary critique and is not helpful for anyone.
- Only stories that garnered an average score/rating of 7.5 and above from the panel of judges shall be eligible for winning.
- The winner of the event shall be sent the book “The Red Line” by Tanmay Dubey.
- The last date of submission is June 30, 2019 (Sunday). Winners shall be announced on July 7, 2019 (Sunday).
- For questions related to the rules and criteria, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or through the Contact Us section on the website.
Here are the submitted stories for the event: