Write a story with an elemental constraint in the Universe or tell a tale that deals with it.
Write a story keeping in mind the elements of the universe where your character is either dealing with the elements or displaying them in their character.
(The elements of the universe are earth, water, air, fire, and ether.)
- Send in your entries to email@example.com in a word document along with a 2-3 line bio (not required if previously sent) and a cover picture for your story (optional).
- The subject of your mail should be “Entry for #Elements″ (compulsory).
- Instantly earn 250 Penmancy Points on submission.
- Use one or more elements (not necessarily all) to write your fictional story. It would be ingenious if you can produce a good story including all the elements. Any genre (or a combination of two or more genres) is acceptable.
- The submitted story must be between 2500-3000 words (each). Entries lower than or exceeding the word limit will stand disqualified for the event. (Penmancy Tip: Use https://wordcounter.io/ to check your word count.)
- There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit- though only one of them will qualify for winning. While submitting please mention the element chosen.
- Previously published or plagiarised works will not be considered for contention. The writer of such content stands to be disqualified for the next Penmancy event.
- Stories found to have been shared on another platform or blog before the declaration of results stand disqualified from the event.
- In case a story is received after the submission deadline, it shall be considered as a guest entry and shall not qualify for the event.
- Submitted entries to be adjudged based on the (1) use of prompt/theme, (2) plot & story, (3) use of language, (4) emotional impact and (5) narrative voice & content. Each criterion carries 10 points. Total scores will be aggregated to derive the average score out of 10.
- The entries adjudged by a panel of judges and event organisers shall be binding.
- All writers are required to read and comment on 5 stories other than their own and encourage their fellow writers with valuable and constructive inputs. Comments like “nice”, “good work”, “brilliant piece”, etc. do not provide the necessary critique and are not helpful for anyone.
- Only stories that garnered an average score/rating of 7.5 and above from the panel of judges shall be eligible for winning.
- The last date of submission is October 7, 2019 (Monday). Winners shall be announced on October 12, 2019 (Saturday).
- Top three winners shall be sent a book published by Notion Press –
Click here for : Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the submitted stories for the event: