One life to live
There is only one life to live. How do you do it?
- Weave a story based on the above theme and send in your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment in a word document (.doc/.docx) along with a 2-3 line bio (not required if previously sent) and a cover picture for your story (optional). Though it would be great if along with your entry you can send a suggested cover for your story.
- The subject of your mail should be “Entry for #OneLifetoLive″ (compulsory).
- Your fictional story may have upto 5 main characters and can be in any genre or a combination of two or more.
- The submitted story must be between 2000-3000 words (each). Entries lower than or exceeding the word limit will stand disqualified for the event. (Penmancy Tip: Use https://wordcounter.io/ to check your word count.)
- There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit- though only the first one of them will qualify for winning.
- Previously published or plagiarised works will not be considered for contention. The writer of such content stands to be disqualified for the next Penmancy event.
- Stories found to have been shared on another platform or blog before the declaration of results stand disqualified from the event.
- In case a story is received after the submission deadline, it shall be considered as a guest entry and shall not qualify for the contest.
The winner will be chosen on the basis of votes from the readers and the judges’ scores (out of 10), in the ratio 30:70
- a. Judges’ scores to be based on-
- plot/story/creativity (15 points)
- language/grammar (10 points)
- narrative voice & content (9 points)
- emotional impact, (8 points)
- use of prompt/theme (8 points)
b. The voting process for the readers:
- The option for rating would be given below each story on the website.
- Readers to rate the story on the basis of 5 (rate it based on the content, language, creativity, prompt and emotional impact).
- Readers can vote once for each story. Multiple votes shall not be recorded.
- Once the rating is given, your vote is recorded and cannot be altered.
- Writers are requested to share the link of the posts to garner more votes.
2. The entries adjudged by a panel of judges and event organisers shall be binding. Judges’ scores to be deemed final and may not be contested.
3. Individual scores shall NOT be shared with the participants/ contestants.
3. All writers are required to read and comment on 5 stories other than their own and encourage their fellow writers with valuable and constructive inputs. Comments like “nice”, “good work”, “brilliant piece”, etc. do not provide the necessary critique and are not helpful for anyone.
4. Only stories that garnered an average score/rating of 7.5 and above, as aggregated on voting and judges’ scores, shall be eligible for winning.
5. Contest duration:
The submission for the contest is open from September 15 to October 15.
The stories would be open for voting until October 21st, midnight
Results for the event shall be shared on October 22nd, 2020 at 8:00 (Moved on October 24th, 8 PM)
6. Top three winners will receive the book “Along Came a Spyder” by Apeksha Rao
Click here for : Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the submitted stories for the event:
Penmancy gets a small share of every purchase you make through these links, and every little helps us continue bringing you the reads you love.