“After all, tomorrow is another day!”
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
1. Submit your fictional story based on the famous dialogue from the movie Gone With The Wind (1939). Your story may or may not include the quote.
2. The submitted story must be between 450-500 words. Entries lower than or exceeding the word limit will stand disqualified for the event. (Penmancy Tip:- Use https://wordcounter.io/ to check your word count.)
3. Writers may submit ONLY ONE entry. So bring out your best. Only fresh stories are accepted for the event. Previously published stories will not be considered for contention. No Plagiarism. PLEASE.
4. Only stories that garnered an average score of 7.5 and above will be eligible for winning.
5. Submitted entries to be adjudged based on the
- use of prompt/theme,
- plot & story,
- use of language,
- emotional impact, and
- narrative voice & content
Each criterion carries 10 points. Total scores will be aggregated to derive the average score out of 10.
6. Send in your entries to email@example.com in a word document along with a 2-3 line bio and a cover picture for the story (optional-you may refer to pixabaydotcom or unsplashdotcom for high-quality free photos, preferably above 1200×675 pixels). The subject of your mail should be “Entry for QuinTale-14″ (compulsory).
P.s.– You need not send your details if you have already sent them, lest you want them replaced
7. Most of all- HAVE FUN!!
Last date of submission is November 23, 2019 (Saturday) 2359 hrs. Winners shall be announced on November 30, 2019 (Saturday) at 8 PM.
What better reward than to get instant feedback and encouragement! Get an instant review from fellow writers and readers on our Facebook group Write.Read.Support. (join NOW if not already there!)
- Earn Penmancy Points. Start earning Penmancy Points as soon as you submit a story.
- The top three winners of the event shall be sent the books Carthick’s Unfairy Tales and More Unfairy Tales by T F Carthick
Check the submitted stories here:
For more of such content, follow us: