…can be any person (human/non-human), any place, or anything. Interpret it in any way you want,
and weave a story with it as the central theme in any genre of your choice
(a combination of two or more is also acceptable)
- Send in your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment in a word document (.doc/.docx) along with a 2-3 line bio (not required if previously sent) and a cover picture for your story (optional).
- The subject of your mail should be “Entry for #Will″ (compulsory).
- Along with your entry please send a suggested cover for your story (LANDSCAPE ONLY). Use pixabay.com, pexels.com or unsplash.com to source lovely covers.
- The submitted story must be between 2500-3000 words (each). Entries lower than or exceeding the word limit will stand disqualified for the event. (Penmancy Tip: Use https://wordcounter.io/ to check your word count.)
- There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit- though only the first one of them will be eligible for the contest.
- Previously published or plagiarised works will not be considered for contention. The writer of such content stands to be disqualified for the next Penmancy event.
- In case a story is received after the submission deadline, it shall be considered as a guest entry and shall not qualify for the contest.
- The winner will be chosen on the basis of the judges’ scores (out of 10)
- plot/story/creativity (15 points)
- language/grammar (10 points)
- narrative voice & content (9 points)
- emotional impact, (8 points)
- use of prompt/theme (8 points)
- The entries adjudged by a panel of judges and event organisers shall be binding. Judges’ scores to be deemed final and may not be contested.
- All writers are required to read and comment on 5 stories other than their own and encourage their fellow writers with valuable and constructive inputs. Comments like “nice”, “good work”, “brilliant piece”, etc. do not provide the necessary critique and are not helpful for anyone.
- Only stories that garnered an average score/rating of 7.5 and above, as aggregated on voting and judges’ scores, shall be eligible for winning.
- Contest duration:
- The submission for the contest is open from June 1 to June 30, 2021.
- The stories would be open for voting until July 7, 2021, midnight
- Results for the event shall be shared on July 8, 2021, at 8:00 pm
Top three winners will receive the book “Chasing Nirvana“ by Rafaa Dalvi
Here are the submitted stories for the event:
Penmancy gets a small share of every purchase you make through these links, and every little helps us continue bringing you the reads you love!