- Interpret the prompt in your own words and write a 16 to 20-line rhyming or non-rhyming poem.
- Send in your entries to email@example.com as an attachment in a word document (.doc/.docx, any other file will not be published) along with a 2-3 line bio (not required if previously sent) and a cover picture for your story (optional).
- The subject of your mail should be “Entry for #PenMuse-17″ (compulsory).
- Instantly earn 100 Penmancy Points on submission.
- Each line of your poem must not exceed 12 syllables. Check your syllables here: https://howmanysyllables.com/syllable_counter/
- The submitted poem must have a title.
- There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit –though only one of them will qualify for winning.
- Previously published or plagiarised works will not be considered for contention. The writer of such content stands to be disqualified for the next Penmancy event.
- Poems found to have been shared on another platform or blog before the declaration of results stand disqualified from the event.
- In case a poem is received after the submission deadline, it shall be considered as a guest entry and shall not qualify for the event.
The winner will be chosen on the basis of votes from the readers and the judges’ scores (out of 10), in the ratio 30:70
- Submitted entries to be adjudged based on the
- creativity/content and originality, [12 points]
- coherence of form and structure (harmony of words, presentation), [12 points]
- clarity of imagery and language/grammar, [10 points]
- emotional impact, [10 points]
- topic/relevance to the theme, [6 points]
- The voting process for the readers:
- The option for rating would be given below each story on the website
- Readers to rate the story on the basis of 5 (rate it based on the content, language, creativity, prompt and emotional impact).
- Readers can vote once for each story. Multiple votes shall not be recorded.
- Once the rating is given, your vote is recorded and cannot be altered.
- Writers are requested to share the link of the posts to garner more votes.
- The entries adjudged by a panel of judges and event organisers shall be binding. Judges’ scores to be deemed final and may not be contested.
- All writers are required to read and comment on 5 poems other than their own and encourage their fellow writers with valuable and constructive inputs. Comments like “nice”, “good work”, “brilliant piece”, etc. do not provide the necessary critique and are not helpful for anyone.
- Only stories that garnered an average score/rating of 7.5 and above from the panel of judges shall be eligible for winning.
- The last date of submission is March 20, 2020 (Friday). Winners shall be announced on March 27, 2020 (Friday).
The top 3 winners of the event will earn the book The Untold story of Indian Tigers by Nikhilesh Shrikhande.
Here are the submitted stories for the event:
Penmancy gets a small share of every purchase you make through these links, and every little helps us continue bringing you the reads you love!