- Write a 16-20 line, rhyming or non-rhyming poem that depicts the theme.
- Send in your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment in a word document (.doc/.docx) along with a 2-3 line bio (not required if previously sent) and a cover picture for your story (optional).
- The subject of your mail should be “Entry for #PenMuse-15″ (compulsory).
- Instantly earn 100 Penmancy Points on submission.
- The submitted poem must be an interpretation of the given theme.
- There is no limit to the number of entries you may submit –though only one of them will qualify for winning.
- Previously published or plagiarised works will not be considered for contention. The writer of such content stands to be disqualified for the next Penmancy event.
- Poems found to have been shared on another platform or blog before the declaration of results stand disqualified from the event.
- In case a poem is received after the submission deadline, it shall be considered as a guest entry and shall not qualify for the event.
- Submitted entries to be adjudged based on the
- creativity/content and originality, [12 points]
- coherence of form and structure (harmony of words, presentation), [12 points]
- topic/relevance to the theme, [10 points]
- clarity of imagery and language/grammar, [10 points]
- emotional impact, [6 points]
Total scores will be aggregated to derive the average score out of 10.
- The entries adjudged by a panel of judges and event organisers shall be binding.
- All writers are required to read and comment on 5 poems other than their own and encourage their fellow writers with valuable and constructive inputs. Comments like “nice”, “good work”, “brilliant piece”, etc. do not provide the necessary critique and are not helpful for anyone.
- Only stories that garnered an average score/rating of 7.5 and above from the panel of judges shall be eligible for winning.
- The last date of submission is January 20, 2020 (Monday). Winners shall be announced on January 30, 2020 (Thursday).
The top 2 winners of the event will earn the book The Deadly Dozen by Anirban Bhattacharya
Check the submitted poems here:
Connect with Penmancy:
Penmancy gets a small share of every purchase you make through these links, and every little helps us continue bringing you the reads you love!