This Mother’s Day, let us #BreakTheBias and prove through our stories that a mother can be any person, not gender specific, who can nurture, care and foster growth in another person. Let us celebrate ‘motherhood’ as an emotion.
For this event, write a fictional story where your protagonist is a ‘mother’ to another person, NOT NECESSARILY by virtue of giving birth.
- Based on the above theme, write your story between 450-500 words. Send in your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org in a word document. The subject of your mail should be “Entry for #BreakTheBias″ (compulsory).
- Entries exceeding (or falling short of) the word limit will stand disqualified for the event. (Penmancy Tip: Use https://wordcounter.io/ to check your word count.)
- Previously published or plagiarized works will not be considered for publication on the Penmancy site. The writer of such content stands a chance to be disqualified for the next Penmancy event.
- Submission to be sent between May 3, 2022 8 am IST and May 7, 2022 8 pm IST.
- The stories will be published at 8 am IST on May 8, 2022.
- The writers are free to share their stories on their own social media, and/or WRITE.READ.SUPPORT.
For queries write to us.
Check out the entries here:
Stay tuned for more at :
Penmancy gets a small share of every purchase you make through these links, and every little helps us continue bringing you the reads you love!